Nestled at the entrance to Granville Island, at 1502 Duranleau Street across from The Keg Restaurant, the Improv Centre opened its doors in the spring of 2010 as the official home of The Vancouver TheatreSports™ League. A top Vancouver tourist destination, Granville Island is home to the Public Market, artisans’ studios, restaurants and theatres, providing a colourful and vibrant backdrop to your next event.
The Improv Centre is available to rent for your next staged presentation, reception, meeting or fundraiser. Seating up to 186 people, our modern theatre features a raised stage and a mixture of traditional theatre seating and cabaret-style tables and chairs. The Improv Centre’s fully-licensed Neil Macrae Bar & Lounge with its patio overlooking the Marina and False Creek is also available for to you to use.
Improv Centre Theatre
- Raised stage
- Fixed projector and screen
- Professional theatre fixed rig lighting
- Professional theatre sound system
– Wireless hand held **additional external equipment may be required
- Capacity – 186 seats
– 48 cabaret style tables and chairs
– 18 banquet bench seats with bar rail
– 120 traditional theatre seats with cup holders
Scroll down for photos
Neil Macrae Bar & Lounge
- A full-service licensed bar
- High top tables with bar stools
- Capacity – 28 seated, 65 standing
- Covered waterfront patio with outdoor flexible seating.
- Dimmable lighting
- Sound system
- Off-site catering can be arranged by renter (catering charge)
- Optional Bar Service:
– The Vancouver TheatreSports™ League reserves the right to control the sale or distribution of refreshments
– We welcome beverages to be consumed in the Theatre
– Bar service is provided at the request of the renter
– The cost for Bar Service is: 4 hour rental is $200, which is waived if/when bar sales exceed $400 (in gross sales, including taxes)
Daytime Rental Rates (insurance is required for all rentals)
|Area||4 hr rate (before 6p.m.)||8 hr rate (before 6p.m.)||Additional Hours or Portion thereof|
|Bar & Lounge only||$300||$400||$150|
|Theatre + Bar & Lounge||$700||$1,100||$150|
Rental Rates Include:
- Facility fee based on meeting, conference (additional fees apply for a VTSL performance)
- House Technician and Audience Service Manager (additional staff may be required)
- Includes one hour of meeting time, prior to your event to discuss tech requirements and event needs
Rental Rates Do Not Include:
- A VTSL performance or access to the green room, dressing room, box office
- Bar service – see Neil Macrae Bar & Lounge section above for bar service rates.
To enquire about availability and rates please contact Jeff at 604.738.7013 ext. 36 / firstname.lastname@example.org
A unique fundraising program designed as a simple way to organize an event to raise funds for school groups, charity organizations, sports teams, and the like. Vancouver TheatreSports™ will provide you with a pre-packaged event – all you have to do is sell the pre-printed tickets at your chosen price point.