Executive Director and Ensemble - Mainstage
- Joined VTSL:1983
- “I saw a VTSL show when I was a high school student and was hooked – started taking improv classes almost immediately.”
- Jay started as a player in the VTSL ensemble and became Executive Director in 1994.
- Jay currently serves as a board member for the International TheatreSports Institute and Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre for Young Audiences. His past board credits include Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance, Firehall Arts Centre, La Luna Productions, Pacific Space Centre, Rumble Productions, and Tourism Vancouver.
- As a performer, Jay has many television, film and stage credits (1983 to 1994). IMDB Profile
- His 30+ years in the entertainment industry include producing, consulting, directing, teaching, administrating, and performing.
- Jay was instrumental in the purchase and renovation of the historic Stanley Theatre in Vancouver, B.C.
- In 1999 he was chosen as one of B.C.’s ‘Top 40 business achievers under 40’ by Business in Vancouver.
- VTSL is the only place Jay has ever worked except for a brief stint working as a clerk in 7 Eleven when in high school.
Vancouver Presents ‘20 Questions with Jay Ono‘ – April 2018