Ensemble - Mainstage, ICI Instructor
- Joined VTSL: 2004
- Awards: 2015 Best Comic Actor – The Georgia Straight ‘Best of Vancouver’; 2015 Best Local Improv Artist – The Georgia Straight Reader Poll
- Graeme is the creator of all three Throne and Games shows (2015 Throne & Games – Laughter is Coming, 2016 Throne & Games – A Chance of Snow, 2019 Throne & Games – The Last Laugh)
- 2016 (June & July) Graeme was a member of the VTS ensemble (with Denise Jones, Michael Teigen and Laura Skelton) that performed on the Crystal Symphony cruise of the Baltic and Scandinavia
- Film credits: Elf (2003), Army of One (2016), The Perfection (2019)
- TV credits: Siren (2018), The Murders (2018), Twilight Zone (2019)
- In November 2018, Graeme taught VTS style of improv in Shanghai and Beijing China to the teachers and ensemble players of Fei Lai Improv – China’s licensed SNL troupe on behalf of VTS and Improv Comedy Institute
- Favourite VTS role: Baelish, Throne and Games
- Favourite book: The Four Agreements – A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Favourite movie: Taxi Driver
- Favourite TV show: LOST
- IMDB Profile
- Artslandia profile article
- Comic inspirations: Robin Williams, Jonathan Winters, Richard Pryor
- “I’m an avid sneaker collector and tattoo enthusiast.”
- Check out Vancouver Presents’ 20 Questions With Graeme Duffy
How did improv change your life?
“Trying to quantify how improv has changed my life seems impossible. Improv has given me a community, a passion and a gift I can share with others. Improv has taken me around the world and given me experiences I would never have otherwise had. I can honestly say that improv has made me a better person and brought laughter into my life on a daily basis. Most importantly, Improv brought my fiancé Cait into my life. Cait was in the audience at a show I was performing in and took a moment to say hi to me afterwards. A little while later, on September 24, 2016, while on stage with Colin Mochrie, I proposed to Cait in front of a sold out audience at The Vogue Theatre. She said ‘Yes’…which is the number one rule of Improv.”
ICI instructor bio:
Graeme Duffy is an established Actor, Writer and Improvisor. He is a long time cast member with the Vancouver TheatreSports League performing Improv Comedy to sold out shows weekly. Graeme has graced the stage with Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie, of Who’s Line is it Anyways, many times and is a Featured Performer at Comedy Festivals throughout North America. As a Corporate Entertainer, Graeme performs year round for Fortune 500 companies and aboard Princess Cruise Lines and Crystal Cruise Lines. In 2015, Graeme was voted ‘Vancouver’s Best Improv Comic’ in a Georgia Straight reader poll.
As a TV actor Graeme has an extensive resume which includes Siren (2018), The Murders (2019), Twilight Zone (2019). As a Film actor you can see Graeme along side Nicolas Cage in the Larry Charles directed Army of One as well as many other projects that have kept him busy over the past decade.