- Joined VTSL: 2016
- Took her first Improv Comedy Institute class in 2013
- Born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta, Clare first fell in love with improv after seeing a Vancouver TheatreSports League show while travelling through B.C. with her Junior High school jazz band.
- Film credit: This is your Death (2016) directed by Giancarlo Esposito
- TV credits: Roadies (2016), Murder She Baked (2016), Sorority Murder (2015),Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, Supernatural
- IMDB Profile
- Awards: “My parents call me their ‘Best Middle Child’.”
- Favourite VTSL show: “As a huge Game of Thrones fan, I’m in love with the Throne and Games.”
- Favourite book and movie: The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Comic inspiration: Maya Rudolph
- “I have a green stripe in Taekwondo. I got it when I was 12, and I’m pretty sure it still counts.”
How did improv change your life?
?I got my first taste of improv through a drama class in Jr. High School. Learning how to laugh at myself and make “mistakes” in an artistic, supportive setting helped me build a strong sense of self, right when puberty was about to wreck havoc on my confidence.
I’m a self-described control freak; improv has helped me learn to let go by having trust and confidence in my partners and myself. Relinquishing that need for control leaves you totally free to explore, to create, and to connect with others. Along with being fun it’s amazingly cathartic.
Because you need to be completely present and in the moment when performing improv, it has acted as a reminder for me to do the same in all areas of my life. Stay present, stay confident, and be open to failing gloriously!”