- Joined VTSL: 2014
- Born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta, Clare started performing improv in 2006. She has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Alberta.
- Film credit: This is your Death (2016) directed by Giancarlo Esposito, Dragged Across Concrete (2018) directed by S. Craig Zahler
- TV credits: Supernatural, Siren, You Me Her, Girlfriends Guide to Divorce, Imposters, some TV movies you watch while you’re doing laundry but then deny you ever watched them to your friends
- IMDB Profile
- Awards: “My parents call me their ‘Best Middle Child’.”
- Favourite VTSL show: “Murder on the Improv Express. I love getting to play a single character the whole way through a show, while interacting with the other nutty characters people have come up with for that nights performance”
- Favourite movie: The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Comic inspiration: Maya Rudolph, Taika Waititi
- Important facts: “I have a green stripe in Taekwondo. I got it when I was 12, and I’m pretty sure it still counts.”
How did improv change your life?
“I got my first taste of improv through a drama class in Jr. High School. Learning how to laugh at myself and make “mistakes” in an artistic, supportive setting helped me build a strong sense of self, right when puberty was about to wreck havoc on my confidence.
I’m a self-described control freak; improv has helped me learn to let go by having trust and confidence in my partners and myself. Relinquishing that need for control leaves you totally free to explore, to create, and to connect with others. Along with being fun it’s amazingly cathartic.
Because you need to be completely present and in the moment when performing improv, it has acted as a reminder for me to do the same in all areas of my life. Stay present, stay confident, and be open to failing gloriously!”