Interested in becoming a volunteer with Vancouver Theatresports while we host the International Theatresports Institute 2019 Conference and Festival ‘Improv Ecology’?
Volunteers are treasured at and by VTS. We rely on your expertise and commitment to run our shows, and workshops. You are a huge part of every aspect at VTS! During the Improv Ecology conference, we need your help!
Some of the Volunteer positions we require are, but not limited to:
- Wayfinding Volunteers – help our guests navigate the island and the city
- Front of House Volunteers – Help our FOH staff foster a positive guest experience by greeting guests, distributing event programs, collecting glassware at intermission and between shows, etc.
- Gala/Reception Volunteers – Greeting guests, manage food table and platters, distribute event programs (Food safe required.)
- Greenroom Volunteers – Monitor snacks, refreshments & supplies in the greenroom
- Venue Setup/ Tear Down Volunteers – Help us setup and strike various conference activities
- Workshop Volunteers – setup venue prior to workshop and monitor supplies
What makes a successful VTS volunteer
- Greet all guests who enter our theatre/workshop spaces with a kind word and a smile.
- Effectively communicate with guests.
- Willingness to fill other positions as required on short notice.
- Physically able to stand for long periods and climb stairs.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Great customer service skills.
- Conference T-Shirts & your own personal Lanyard
- VIP invite to Company Gala
- Appreciation & Recognition Events throughout the year
- Ticket Vouchers when you accumulate/reach Volunteered hours levels
- Reference Letter – by request
To apply, fill out our online Volunteer with VTS form and our Volunteer Co-ordinator will be in touch with you shortly.