AUDIENCE SERVICES MANAGER
Application deadline: April 23, 2018
Summary of the Position
Vancouver TheatreSports™ (VTS) is currently seeking an Audience Services Manager. The Audience Services Manager is responsible for ensuring a positive experience for our patrons by facilitating their safety and satisfaction while they are in our building. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
VTSL, a non-profit registered charitable organization, began in 1980 and is now a local institution and a worldwide phenomenon, producing and staging some of the most daring and innovative improv in the world. Vancouver TheatreSports™ first opened their doors at the Back Alley Theatre, where they consistently drew cult-like, capacity crowds. We continue to wow audiences at The Improv Centre on Granville Island performing to more than 65,000 enthusiasts yearly, 6 nights a week, 52 weeks per year.
The names of VTS players and alumni are a veritable who’s who of the North American entertainment and improv scenes, such as Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles (Whose Line is it Anyway), Nancy Robertson (Corner Gas) and Ellie Harvie (The New Addams Family).
In addition to shows at The Improv Centre, VTS performs at custom tailored shows for corporations, associations and non-for-profit organizations. We offer corporate training focused on enhancing teamwork, communication, creativity and innovation in the workplace. We are also dedicated to teaching youth about improv and tour throughout British Columbia performing for students of all ages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing guests with a positive experience
- Scheduling and supervising staff
- Two years experience working in a management position
- Two years experience working in a live theatre venue
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 or higher
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office Suite
- Security experience an asset
Key Traits a Successful Candidate Must Possess
- You are a good decision maker and strive to find practical, timely, creative solutions to problems that may arise quickly
- You have good leadership skills with the ability to be firm and goal oriented; you can delegate, inspire, and motivate your team
- You like to work in a fast paced environment; you have good time management skills and multi-task effectively; you are able to meet deadlines
- You are able to work independently while being accountable for the policy and guidelines set down by the company
- You have outstanding relationship building and communication skills
Hours: 30 to 37.5 hours per week – evenings. This position will start in May 2018.
Remuneration: Salary will start at $21.25 per hour
Please submit your resume by email to:
1515 Anderson Street, Vancouver, B.C., V6H 3R5
Attn: Audience Service Manager Position
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We’re looking for someone special – someone like you. Do you love to laugh? Are you seeking a rewarding volunteer experience coupled with side-splitting, tear-inducing laughter? Would you like to make new friends? Then we are just the place for you!
Vancouver TheatreSports League is seeking energetic, engaging, outgoing people to join our team of fabulous volunteers. VTSL has been entertaining audiences more than 30 years and we are seeking special people to assist our guests and support our activities.
Volunteer opportunities are available during regular weekly shows as well as at special events.
Typical positions include:
- Ushers are eyes and ears inside the theatre during shows and are important to the quality control of the guest experience.
- Ushers assist the Front of House team in re-setting the theatre between shows
- Ushers assist the Front of House Manager – assisting guests find their seats, distributing programs, answering questions.
- Hosts assist the Front of House team and Box Office with greeting guests upon their arrival at The Improv Centre for shows and special events. Hosts also assist guests with picking up ‘Will Call’ tickets.
- Assist with venue set-up for. This could include activities such as: assembling, and setting tables, assisting with room décor, moving furniture, putting up banners. Some lifting is usually involved.
Food & Beverage
- Bussing of tables
- Assisting pouring wine during special events (Serving it Right is required)
- Selling 50/50 tickets to guests during special events
- Handling cash and tickets
VTSL volunteer requirements:
- 19+ years of age
- able to commit to a minimum of 30 hours per year
- fluent in written and verbal English
- consent to a Criminal Record Check
- ‘yes and…’ attitude
- loves to laugh and has a sense of humour
- thrives in a fast-paced environment
- willing to learn
We invite you to join our merry band. Apply online today to join VTSL’s volunteer team.