Sarah Dawn Pledge
Ensemble, ICI Instructor
- Joined VTSL: 2012 (Rookie League) 2015 (Guest Artist)
- Sarah Dawn is both a dramatic and an improv actor
- How did you become an improv actor? “I fell backwards into improv with the help of VTSL alumni David C Jones, and current players Brian Anderson and Pearce Visser. They helped shape me into the improviser I am today by giving me a shot at a half-scripted, half-improvised murder mystery called Suspect: A Game of Murder. After I got a taste of being in the moment, I was addicted and kept training and doing corporate work to help hone my hosting and playing skills. Then I found VTSL and the rest is my happy history with an incredible company, and it is evolving every day!”
- Where did you receive your improv training? “Part of my training came from VTSL alumni, various workshops with lots of different improvisers and practical experience of playing with different ensembles.”
- TV credit: 2015, Untold Stories of the ER (Dr. On)
- Film credit: 2015, World War Anywhere (supporting role) – a short film by fellow VTSL Guest Artist Scott Antifave
- Web series: 2014, The Girls Guide (2 episodes)
- IMDB Profile
- Other improv:
- Queerprov, weekly appearances in the West End
- Fictionals, on Commercial Drive
- Improv Against Humanity, monthly at The Rio Theatre
- I have also recently joined a ‘Super Scene’ ensemble that pulls improvisers from lots of different groups and does shows monthly.
- Favourite VTSL show: “I love every show I’ve gotten to be a part of but one of my favourites has been Throne and Games.”
- Favourite VTSL role: Mellisandre and Tyrion in Throne and Games. “I also recently got to play a character I love, Geneva Butterfly, for a one-hour, improvised 90’s soap opera set to the soundtrack of big shiny tunes “big shiny swoons” that was super fun!”
- Favourite book s: Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland.
- Favourite movie: The Princess Bride
- Favourite TV show: Game of Thrones
- Comic inspirations: Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders, Carol Burnette, Lucille Ball, Robin Williams, Mike Myers, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wig, Molly Shannon
- “I love baking, making believe , talking to fairies and woodland creatures.”
- Check out Sarah Dawn’s website
ICI instructor bio:
Sarah Dawn Pledge is a comedic and dramatic actress and improviser, who was born and raised in B.C. She joined VTSL in 2012 and also performs several improv shows a week around Vancouver with various groups, including The Fictionals (most notably in Improv Against Humanity), Queer Prov, Dirty Little Secrets and Lights!. Sarah has also worked in film and television. Her credits include a role on an award-winning webseries called The Girls Guide and most recently, she voiced a children’s animated feature film, The Adventures of Shadow and Ally, starring alongside Jamie Chrest, Ellie Harvie and Christine Lippa. The independent film is slated for a December 2016 release.
When she’s not busy playing make-believe, baking and talking to fairies, Sarah feels fortunate to be an artist, and is very grateful to be teaching with the ICI.