Co-Artistic Associate, Ensemble - Mainstage, ICI Staff
• Joined VTSL: 2000
• Nathan has also trained and performed with respected improv teachers Keith Johnstone (the creator of TheatreSports), Mark Sutton and Joe Bill
• Other improv appearances: Vancouver International Improv Fest, Seattle Festival of Improv Theatre, Improvaganza (Edmonton), Miami Improv Fest, Dad’s Garage World Domination Improv Tournament, Atlanta, Nathan was a member of the Canadian Comedy Award-winning sketch group, Canadian Content, and is currently a reoccurring guest with its offshoot, Titmouse.
• Favourite VTSL show: Pants on Fire
• Favourite VTSL role: “My favourite characters have been from the two Throne and Games shows – especially the evil ones. It’s fun to be bad.”
• Is in a web series with Ken Lawson – TheMoversShow.com
• Ongoing role: “My last TV credit was more than 10 years ago. However, you might see me playing ‘tired Dad in desperate need of a coffee’ around town.”
• Awards: “I’ve been nominated for ‘World’s Greatest Dad’ twice but came up empty both times.”
• Favourite movie: Die Hard
• Favourite book: The Umpire Strikes Back by Ron Luciano and David Fisher
• Favourite TV show: SNL
• Comic inspiration: “Saturday Night Live was a huge influence on me and inspired me to get into comedy. There are a lot of people who have influenced me from that show, including writers and performers, but I would say the first one to get me was Chris Farley.”
• “I have allergies so please don’t bring me treats that have peanuts, eggs and bees in them.”
ICI staff and instructor bio:
Artistic Associate and Co-Director of Rookie League
Nathan has been performing with the Vancouver TheatreSports™ League since 2000. He began taking workshops with the company that same year, completing drop-ins, intensives and the Resident Improviser Training Program. Nathan has also trained and performed with respected improv teachers like Keith Johnstone, Mark Sutton and Joe Bill.
Nathan has also been a part of various different Improv festivals around North America, including the Vancouver International Improv Fest, the Seattle Festival of Improv Theatre, Edmonton’s Improvaganza, the Miami Improv Fest and Dad’s Garage World Domination Improv Tournament in Atlanta.
On the scripted side, Nathan was a member of the Canadian Comedy Award winning sketch group, Canadian Content, it’s offshoot Titmouse, and was also in the first Canadian production of Gutenberg! The Musical!. Nathan’s web series with fellow VTSLer Ken Lawson, The Movers Show, is currently not as popular as their colleague David Milchard’s, but he is very proud of it nonetheless.