Drat! We’re not currently hiring, but please check back at a later date.
We’re looking for someone special – someone like you. Do you love to laugh? Are you seeking a rewarding volunteer experience coupled with side-splitting, tear-inducing laughter? Would you like to make new friends? Then we are just the place for you!
Vancouver TheatreSports League is seeking energetic, engaging, outgoing people to join our team of fabulous volunteers. VTSL has been entertaining audiences more than 30 years and we are seeking special people to assist our guests and support our activities.
Volunteer opportunities are available during regular weekly shows as well as at special events.
Typical positions include:
- Ushers are eyes and ears inside the theatre during shows and are important to the quality control of the guest experience.
- Ushers assist the Front of House team in re-setting the theatre between shows
- Ushers assist the Front of House Manager – assisting guests find their seats, distributing programs, answering questions.
- Hosts assist the Front of House team and Box Office with greeting guests upon their arrival at The Improv Centre for shows and special events. Hosts also assist guests with picking up ‘Will Call’ tickets.
- Assist with venue set-up for. This could include activities such as: assembling, and setting tables, assisting with room décor, moving furniture, putting up banners. Some lifting is usually involved.
Food & Beverage
- Bussing of tables
- Assisting pouring wine during special events (Serving it Right is required)
- Selling 50/50 tickets to guests during special events
- Handling cash and tickets
VTSL volunteer requirements:
- 19+ years of age
- able to commit to a minimum of 30 hours per year
- fluent in written and verbal English
- consent to a Criminal Record Check
- ‘yes and…’ attitude
- loves to laugh and has a sense of humour
- thrives in a face-paced environment
- willing to learn
We invite you to join our merry band. Apply online today to join VTSL’s volunteer team.